Saturday, September 5, 2009

Puddles... galoshes... perfectly delightful!

Laird Hamilton said, "The idea is to become an old wizard; to live a long and fruitful life and have family and be healthy and enjoy the ride. And speaking of the ride, why not let it rip, at least a little bit? Everyone I know who's really stoked about getting out of bed in the morning does that to some extent."

Wise words from a surf legend. I've been trying all summer to follow this advice. We've done crazy things and fun things and scary things and things I will never do again and things I can't wait to do again. I've decided life is just all about doing and experiencing and laughing and crying and hopefully learning something along the way.

So, the title of this first post refers to the most amazing music video I have ever seen. It made me laugh so hard and smile so big, I figured everyone could benefit from seeing it at least once! Savannah and I were talking about Sigur Ros, one of her favorite bands from Iceland which led me to look up my favorite song of theirs and finally see this video after over a year of loving the song. It's called Hoppipolla... oh, and don't worry towards the end... it all works out just fine :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EyI4p0yjDQ

1 comment:

  1. I love it! And I love you. thanks for letting me share so much of this with you :)

    ReplyDelete